- 133: Optimizing Your Food Blog's SEO with Casey Markee
Voice searches, nofollow links, featured snippet mismatches, and on-page optimization with Casey Markee.
Welcome to episode 133 of the Food Blogger Pro podcast! This week on the podcast, Bjork talks with Casey Markee about the changing landscape for online searches, recipe cards, and more.
Optimizing Your Blog’s SEO
We’re so excited to welcome FBP SEO Expert, Casey Markee, back to the podcast today! At his company Media Wyse, Casey handles site audits for algorithm and rank issues, spammy structured markup actions, and unnatural link issues for food blogs, and he is one of our go-to resources for all things recipe SEO.
SEO can be confusing, but this episode will help you understand nofollow links, optimization (both on-page and off-page), the mobile-first index, and more. So grab a pencil and paper, and let’s jump in!
In this episode, Casey shares:
- How he got into food and recipe SEO
- Why SEO is important
- What on-page optimization means and why it’s different from off-page optimization
- When you should use nofollow links
- What the mobile-first index is
- When long-form and short-form content is best
- What recipe cards and the mobile carousel is
- What JSON-LD is
- Best practices for bloggers reviewing free products they receive from companies
- Introduction to Structured Data
- Casey’s featured image presentation
- Evaluation of Speech for the Google Assistant
- Insights from Google’s Voice Search Quality Rater Guidelines
- Cook with Google Assistant
- Check out Casey’s website, Facebook page, or contact him about an audit
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to email@example.com.
- 2018-01-16 09:00:00 UTC