- Episode 121: The American DREAM
For undocumented youth, the chance to receive legal status would be a life changer. Professor Amy Hsin shows how legalization could encourage young immigrants to get a college degree and even reduce the national deficit, all without threatening the wages of U.S. born workers.
For More on this Topic:
- Read Hsin’s opinion piece in The Hill, How the DREAM Act Can Actually Lower the Deficit
- Check out an Econofact memo on her research, The Economic Gains from Legalizing DREAMers
- How Restrictive Immigration Measures Undermine the Mental Health of Latino Migrants, Whitney L. Duncan, University of Northern Colorado
- Educational Aspirations and Realities for the Children of Immigrants in France and the United States, Amy Lutz, Syracuse University, Yaël Brinbaum, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
- 2018-03-21 20:05:32 UTC