- 051: Accessible Design = Better Design with Derek Featherstone
Derek Featherstone teaches us how designing for people with disabilities is really just better design for everybody. He shows us how people with disabilities aren’t different from us, they just use different tools to accomplish the same things. He encourages us to apply empathy to grow our skills in learning how to design for accessibility. He also reveals how taking small steps to incorporate something new into our design process could change everything.
- Origin Story (5:53)
- What Were Your “Aha” Moments? (12:02)
- Why Do We Tend to Forget About Disabled Users? (17:15)
- Tools Disabled Folks Use to Navigate (20:47)
- Accessibility, Greater Than Aesthetics (31:37)
- Has Designing for Accessibility Ever Made Things Worse for Majority of “Able” Users? (36:14)
- Story of Biggest Triumph in Designing for Inclusivity + Accessibility (42:36)
- What’s a Roadmap for Learning this Stuff? (44:56)
- Contact Info (47:35)
This episode is brought to you by InVision Studio: The world's most powerful screen design tool.
Get your FREE audiobook from Audible. No commitment. Cancel in 30 days, and you won't be charged. The book is still yours to keep.
- 2018-04-23 06:01:03 UTC