- Vaccine Safety vs. Science: Facts & Fiction with Del Bigtree #135
Today we’re digging into a controversial topic: vaccines. I know this is a touchy topic, and this episode is not about telling you how or what to think – I am not having this conversation to be pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine. I am pro-question and pro-clarity, and I am here to learn all sides of the story and offer a different perspective.
That’s why I sat down with Del Bigtree, the Producer of Vaxxed – a must-see documentary for anyone who will potentially have kids and wants to stay informed. I sat up late one night watching the documentary, and as the story unfolded, it just made me so angry.
There’s just so much intentional misinformation out there on this topic, and on this documentary.
Did you know that Andrew Wakefield – the doctor who lost his license after being tried for publishing a fraudulent paper in 1998 linking the MMR vaccine and autism – never actually came out against vaccines? Did you know that Dr. Wakefield was one of 13 co-authors of that report, yet he was the only one tried for fraud (and he just so happened to be the only one digging further into vaccine safety)? Did you know that Vaxxed isn’t an anti-vaxxer movie?
It’s insane how much we don’t know – and that’s why we need people out there who aren’t afraid to ask some big questions.
Always be skeptical. Arm yourself with knowledge.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- Learning how to ask questions, think more critically, and decide for ourselves
- Producing a debate between Monsanto’s head of toxicology Dr. Donna Farmer and GMO activist Jeffrey Smith
- How Del first learned about the CDC whistleblower, Dr. William Thompson
- The scientific fraud and cover up surrounding MMR vaccine studies
- Why Dr. Thompson is the “cleanest whistleblower you’re ever going to have”
- The fine line between being an advocate for truth and driving yourself insane
- Why the vaccine debate seems to be different from any other controversial topic
- How some people on the Left seem to be trying to shut down free speech these days
- Why Del considers himself a consumer advocate
- Getting kicked out of the Tribeca film festival
- Robert De Niro’s role in the story
- Donald Trump & vaccines
- The mandated adult vaccine program that’s in the works
- 75% of advertising on television comes from Big Pharma
- Why science is the one place where consensus is meaningless
- Big Pharma’s stranglehold over the vaccine conversation and lobbying
- The “religion” around doctors, medical knowledge, and vaccines
- Why a child in America is 70% more likely to die before adulthood than the other 20 richest nations in the world
- The first generation of children in America who probably will not live to be as old as their parents
- The BIG change in vaccinations that happened in 1986 (that made it impossible to sue due to injury from vaccines)
- The autoimmune crisis in this country
- The scientific method for evaluating the safety of a drug – which ZERO childhood vaccines have ever done
- The people who are killed by vaccines annually
- Playing devil’s advocate
- The 15 childhood vaccines that have NEVER been studied for a link to autism
- What’s wrong with the “herd immunity” argument
- Del’s dream of a truly independent vaccine safety research organization to hold Big Pharma accountable
- How our species is evolving backwards
- The difference you can make as an individual – not part of a herd
More about this episode.
Watch it on YouTube
THIS SHOW IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Health IQ. All your hard work as a health-conscious, biohacker can now payoff in deep savings on your life insurance. Health IQ offers exclusive discounts based on your lifestyle and level of health, so if you're a runner, cyclist, yogi, triathlete, vegan... here's the payoff. Discount code: Lifestylist.
ATHLETIC GREENS. 11 supplements in 1! As someone who’s been into superfoods, and supplementation for over 25 years, I’ve seen many a trend come and go. One of those trends is green powder blends. Having tried many of them, and left most of them behind, one I’ve decided to stick with is Athletic Greens. The attention to detail in the ingredient deck and the careful sourcing of those ingredients is really impressive. The inclusion of not only the broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals is fantastic, but also the enzymes and probiotics necessary to fully assimilate those nutrients. Add to that the convenience factor, and the elimination of the need to travel with 20 bottles of supplements, and you’ve got a home run even for the most discerning health connoisseur. If you’re looking for fast acting energy, alkalinity, and nutrient density, Athletic Greens is a home run. Get 20 FREE travel packs valued at $99 with your first purchase.
ORGANIFI. I'm loving Organifi Gold especially for my night time routine. It has turmeric, ginger, reishi, lemon balm, turkey tail and other rad super foods, phytonutrients & pain-soothing herbs. My daily routine lately goes like this: in the morning I add it to my nut milk smoothy. At night when I want to chill out, I make a golden latte. I add the power and a healthy fat like ghee, coconut, or grass-fed butter to hot water and voilá! Great warm elixir, really chills you out, gently detoxifies and tastes awesome. Save 20% off, use coupon code "LIFESTYLIST"
HELP SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
Starting and growing a podcast requires a ton of time, energy, and money. Do you appreciate this information, and want to support my mission to deliver as much life enhancing information as possible to as many people as possible?
The easiest, and most effective way you can help is to do this:
- Go to Lukestorey.com/support and donate towards show production costs
- Subscribe to the show by clicking “subscribe” in iTunes
- Write us a review in iTunes
- Share this show with 1 friend right now
You’d be amazed how much these four simple steps do to help us grow!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening, and joining me on this journey we call life
- 2018-04-17 13:00:00 UTC