- Ep. 42 with designer Barbara Westbrook
The impossibly talented Barbara Westbrook stops by the podcast to talk antiquing, her book Gracious Rooms, her client work, renovating her homes, and her decorating pet peeve. And of course, we answer your decorating questions!
WHAT YOU'LL HEAR ON THIS EPISODE:
- Barbara tells us about some of her earliest memories antiquing with her mom in a shop in her hometown of Lynchberg, Virginia
- How she ended up in Atlanta in the interior design business working for one of our podcast guests
- Barbara tells us a story of Suzanne Kasler's bathroom, and we talk about Miles Redd's mirrored bathroom
- We talk about Barbara's previous home in a historic neighborhood in Atlanta
- She talks about why it's a good idea to live in your home before you renovate
- Barbara tells us about why she bought her new house and the improvements she's making to it
- We talk about collecting items you love and finding a place for them later
- Why she loves designing kitchens and how she'd love to just design kitchens one day
- Her best lesson for designing a kitchen or bathroom -- edited the design down to two 'tricks'
- How she transitioned from a petite home to a larger home
- We talk about picture frames and Barbara's approach to incorporating them into your decor
- 2018-01-16 13:53:47 UTC