- 080 | FI is an Amazing Race | AlabaMalaysia
Khai Shing, a former contestant on The Amazing Race, and blogger at ALABA+MA+LAYSIA, talks about balancing her pursuit of FI while finding ways to travel, worldwide, at discount prices.
- Did Khai start with global travel, or with The Amazing Race?
- Took about 3 months from applying to The Amazing Race with her twin brother, to being selected for the show - traveling all over China.
- Khai grew up in Malaysia, and plans to return there for retirement, once she achieves FI.
- How did Khai and her brother set themselves up to be selected from their video application?
- What was the highlight of The Amazing Race for Khai?
- Is it easier to achieve FI living in Malaysia versus living in the US?
- When Khai calculates her FI number, does she base her living expenses off US expenses, or the expected cost of living in Malaysia?
- Why does Khai use 35x as her multiplier for calculating a FI number?
- How long is Khai’s FI path?
- How does world travel fit into Khai’s lifestyle and financial plan during the next 8 years of her path?
- How and when did Khai and her husband embrace the FI mentality?
- How does budgeting and saving work for Khai’s family?
- How do Khai and her husband manage travel with family and work?
- How does Khai travel the world for $1,600?
- A layover is less than 24 hours, but a stop over a has much more relaxed time frame.
- United Airlines had an “excursionist” perk - a free stopover in a city within the same region: Excursionist Perks.
- Where will Khai go next?
- What perks still exist with Alaska Air?
- What does Khai like to see and do when she travels to a new country?
- Why does Khai like to document her trips on her blog?
- What are Khai’s favorite experiences from her travels?
- Khai met her husband during an exchange program to the US.
- What advice does Khai have with regard to keeping life balanced?
- Gratitude: “when we focus on appreciating and being content with what we have in life, it helps us to focus on what's truly important.”
- “The fact that we can even dream about FI, and a good chance to make it a reality is a great privilege that we should be thankful for.”
For more, go to http://ChooseFI.com/080
- 2018-06-18 05:00:00 UTC