- 050- Demystifying Your Finances and Creating a Financial Plan w/ Shannah Game
It was such a pleasure to be able to sit down and discuss financial planning with my new money friend, Shannah Compton Game. Shannah is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional with an MBA and an award-winning financial strategist on a mission to revolutionize how millennials think, act, and feel about their finances. Her interest in business and budgeting sparked when she started her first business in college, a national student film festival, at only 19.
After selling her business 5 years later, Shannah became a CFP and worked at her father’s firm where she learned everything that she needed to know to open her own firm. Today, Shannah is the host of the very popular personal finance podcast, Your Millennial Money, where she tackles all your burning money questions, with topics like Managing Money as a Couple, Mastering Your Budget, How to Ignite Your Savings, Dealing with Student Loans, Building Your Career, Investing, Entrepreneur Stories, Millennial Travel Spots, Music and more
In this episode we discuss:
- How Shannah became a Certified Financial Planner
- The one big money mistake that most people make
- Why we should start talking about money more
- How to start a financial plan and what factors to consider
- Mistakes to avoid when developing a financial plan
- Managing financial mishaps and insecurities that stem from your money story
- Shannah’s financial mistakes and lessons learned
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- Your Millenial Money Podcast
- My interview with our mutual Money Friend, Bobbi Rebell
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Shannah:
Connect with me:
- 2018-06-20 09:00:00 UTC