- What you’re feeling, you were always feeling - HPP 45
Children generally rest in a state of relaxation, joy and play, with bouts of discomfort and pain. With this said, childhood is a mixture of magic and suffering. If a child’s process is not properly honored, mentored and helped through the magic and suffering can become extremely polarized for years to come.
We often assume that suffering is directly correlated to a person or event in the present, when in reality the root likely stems from our most early years of life. Keith explores the mind of the child and how mental accomplishments and struggles follow you into adulthood and what impact that has on your life. With this said, it’s safe to say that, most likely, what you’ve been struggling with, you’ve always been struggling with.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- About the mind of the child
- Linking struggle in space and time
- Potential origins of a client’s mental pain
- Core fears and the difference in children and adults
- Looking at experiences through a child's lens
- Inner child work
- Holes in development structure
Visit www.higherpractice.com/podcast to get the show notes and to learn more about Keith Kurlander.
- 2018-06-19 09:00:00 UTC