- Kickstarter advice that really worked! Plus Backerkit, social media repetitiveness and more
- Whew! We covered a LOT of ground with this episode. First, one of our $10 backers sent in a fantastic audio question about longform comics and the continuous scroll presentation on the Web. Is it better than conventional previous-next navigation-button presentation? And that touches off a whirlwind of topics, including, but not limited to...
- Kickstarter — Dave's tips REALLY WORK WELL!
- Backerkit — Brad tries to get Dave on the pro-Backerkit team, but he's not having it
- Dave's hair
- Calls to action — followers have to hear a call to action an average of seven times before they act, therefore...
- Social-media repetitiveness isn't as bad as you think it is, especially if you're using...
- The Three Cs of Social MediaTHEN... a Patreon backer asks, "if you could go to only one comic convention, which one would it be?" And that touches off a discussion of best conventions for international creators, the NCS's new policy of allowing members free table space at several conventions. the new 'Ringo Awards and the seeming demise of the Harvey Awards.
$2 — support the show
$5 — submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$10 — record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- 2018-03-23 09:00:00 UTC