- Show Me the Money | BMS | Ep 020
Welcome to the #1 podcast in iTunes in the category of Fashion and Beauty where you can always count on Danielle, Val, and Ani to be real, raw, and highly entertaining. This week’s conversation of Profit is something many artists feel uncomfortable talking about, saying it’s not about the money, it’s all about the art – yet most artists are literally slaves behind the chair. Tune in as the ladies debunk this theory and discover what they are up to that is taking the industry by storm and turning it on its head, all the while changing generations to come.
For Big Money Stylist, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In This Week’s Episode…..PROFIT
Point #1: Taboo
- Profit is the manifestation of your hard work, whether it’s monetary or freedom of time. When their students share their Why, the underlying message is that they want more time and freedom to spend with whomever they choose.
- Coach Val: Many of us have been taught by our parents or at church that when it comes to money, you need to be modest and humble, almost as if it’s a taboo topic to discuss. Numbers show our results, which is why we enjoy talking about them. It’s upping the game for everyone: if she can do it, so can I.QUESTION: How does it make you feel when the topic of money comes up in a conversation?
Point #2: Burnout
- When artists break down their numbers, it’s a sobering experience for them because they realize they’re not doing nearly as well as they thought. A single mother went from making less than $9 an hour to $89-$120 per hour one year later – by implementing what she learned at the BMS Intensive class and knowing her numbers.
- Danielle: We need to bring this numbers game and accountability to our industry and not just talk about the art. The art is no longer fun when everything inside of you is being sucked away. We’ve been called too much and have been called bullies. If we’re fucking bullies who give people those kinds of results, I’ll take that title any day of the week.QUESTION: As you run your numbers, how much are you actually making per hour?
Point #3: Pulling Back the Curtain
- Danielle: When you don’t force someone to look at the numbers, how long are they going to be stressing and crying, and wondering why they can’t make ends meet? Once you get into the numbers and can actually see the reality of where you are, that’s when you can take steps to where you want to go.
- Coach Ani: It took me eight months to go from $4K a month to $20K a month, working fewer days and hours. I’m living, breathing proof that this shit works. My profit and results? They came from a pure commitment to the entire program and getting really clear about my numbers.QUESTION: Why are you so uncomfortable when you take a close look at your numbers?
Point #4: Reality Check
- Danielle: People who are in pain need us, but we don’t have time to babysit. They have to be willing to choose in. We’re here to flip the industry on its head. I promise you, if you let go of your ego and join us, and submit to the process, you’ll have fucking results. Sometimes you need to be called out on your shit. It allows us to put the ego aside and say ”thank you for kicking my ass.”
- Coach Ani: Where are you realistically at today? Without feelings, without emotion, without stress, put the numbers on paper, look at it and say this is where I’m at. From there, you can choose where you actually want to go, which is what we do in all of our BMS Intensive classes.QUESTION: What to you know you need to be called out on?
Point #5: Ripple Effect
- Coach Ani: I was so overcome with gratitude recently when I realized that here I am from the midwest, I’m now working a stone’s throw away from the ocean, I actually live here and am no longer a tourist in this beautiful city. What we’re doing is not just helping our students, it’s building marriages and families and is changing the course of so many lives.
- Coach Val: I told one of our students, who was very close to divorce, that she was going to go home and as she implemented what she had learned, she was going to see a difference in her marriage and her son. She reports today that her marriage has never been better and they’ve never been happier. What other education process cares not only about your numbers and your business but also the balance of your family lifeQUESTION: What area of your life needs more attention?
Quote of the Week:
“I tell people to entertain where they are and where they want to go, one step at a time. Look where your numbers currently are, then set realistic goals – numbers you think you can hit. Then, once you hit those, set the next ones and the next. It’s not that scary, you just have to say I want to go here and then all of a sudden you’re like shit, I did it, what’s my next goal? All the stuff that makes you so scared becomes the next natural step.”
— Danielle K White
“For the longest time, I felt like you were dealt your hand in life: this is the economy you’re in, this is your class, this is where you stay. Anyone who had anything was born into it. What I have learned from my experience, is that we can create whatever we want to create, which is insane to me and I love it!”
— Valerie Plunk
“I’m not here to feed into the story that you’ve been telling yourself for so long. If you’re coming to BMS and you’ve paid $4K to attend this class, have gone through three weeks of mandatory pre-training with assignments every single day, you’ve flown out to California…if I keep patting you on the back for everything you’ve been doing that’s literally gotten you nowhere, which is why you’re here now, that doesn’t serve or help you.”
Stay Tuned for Next Week’s Topic….PROTECTION
- 2018-05-22 10:00:00 UTC