- The Seduction of Marketing | BMS | Ep 011
A new voice has joined the BMS Team in a permanent way with McKenzi Davis, the newest member of the head BMS Team and stylist inside of the DKW salon. The conversation this week is about Production, specifically taking a close look at all areas of Marketing.
For Big Money Stylist, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In This Week's Episode.....PRODUCTION
Point #1: Marketing: Are You Frozen in Time or Evolving?
- Danielle: With the market constantly changing and evolving, there’s not a set "A-Z Checklist to Making Millions" for people to follow. Test the market and run targeted ads to find out what’s working and what isn’t, level up your skills, and take advantage of the organic marketing available within social media.
- Marketing for Coach Val and Coach Kenzie felt foreign at first. Like most stylists, referrals were how they built up their books - that’s what they knew and what they were comfortable with. Their mindsets changed once they began seeing their results using social media and paid, targeted ads.
QUESTION: When was the last time you invested dollars into your marketing?
Point #2: The Art & Seduction of the Close
- Coach Val (aka: Assassin Closer) has the confidence that when a client sits in her chair, she will be able to produce the results they are looking for. Coach Kenzie says convincing and coaching your clients never works and often results in buyer's remorse.
- Danielle: If you say you are not good at sales, it's because you need to become better at your craft. Becoming better at your craft leads to loving your work more, which naturally leads to the sale.
QUESTION:Are you engaged in the art of seduction or the game of convincing?
Point #3: Deliver What You Market
- Danielle: It doesn’t matter how good your marketing is, if you are not an expert at your craft you’ll disappoint the marketplace. So stop worrying if you’re making more money if you’re not the BEST at your craft. Continue to be better. Always strive to be better and through time, results will follow.
- Coach Ani: We have so much content out on social media, that NBR is a recognizable brand at this point. Everyone knows what it’s supposed to look like: the rows, the blend, the cut and color. What we’ve seen are artists coming in who are not fully committed to doing the work and whose unhappy clients end up reaching out to us.
QUESTION: Where would upping your skills lead to better results and happier clients?
Point #4: Systems Yield Sustainable and Predictable Results
- If you can market to anyone and everyone - and you can close them - but you don’t have any kind of system in play, that’s when shit goes sideways, things fall through the cracks, and you’re not really sure where to go from there. Coach Val: We are constantly growing and expanding so every last detail has a system, allowing things to run smoothly, which also enables duplication.
- When Coach Ani went from pre funnel to post funnel, she saw a complete shift in her clients and no longer played the convincing game. Coach McKenzie: Having a targeted funnel has taken away the stress and heaviness of being a slave, allowing me to have the clients I want - clients that allow me to be an artist doing what I am passionate about.
QUESTION: What link in the chain of your systems is broken? Is your marketing reflecting the ideal client you want to have sitting in your chair?
Point #5: Capturing Permission
- Coach Ani: Capturing permission can be a phone number or an email - you are getting their permission in some way, shape or form to contact them.
- Coach Val: Capturing emails allows you to stay forefront in their mind; it's a fast and efficient way for us to communicate with those who have already been saying yes, allowing them to make decisions in their own time frame.
QUESTION: What system do you have in place to capture emails?
Quote of the Week:
"We are always about testing. Whenever something gets over saturated, it’s time to think through things differently. I’ve always been a big fan of trying to figure out how to get ahead of the game and predictIng where trends are going. Right now, we are doing a shitload of targeted ads through social media to find out what’s working and what’s not. I think people get freaked out about investing in their business because there’s so much free marketing on social media and they put all of this time and engagement on in it, and in the end - when all is said and done - they’re getting paid like $4 and hour."
-- Danielle White
"I’m literally excited for each client! My wheels start turning the night before: I look at my books for the next day and I’m like ‘this is what I’m going to do for this person and I’m already seeing where I want to add dimension; this is where I want to brighten her up.' There’s this super artsy side that I never have to let die because I have that right client in my chair, and I get to have the freedom to do what I love. They trust me. I have people coming to me because they like the message I am putting out. I love it."
-- Valerie Plunk
"You are getting their permission in some way, shape or form to contact them. If you are banking on being able to talk to your 30k following on Instagram whenever you want, what happens when all of a sudden Instagram shuts down and says, "We're done!" That's why having a way to capture their email is so important - and no one can take that away from you because you own that list. They said 'yes' to you."
"If you have been thinking about it [Convention], if you are on the fence, if you have been listening to the podcast - there’s a reason. There’s something inside of you that’s telling you this is important. Stop getting frustrated in your job or whatever you’re doing and just take the leap. You know you need to. Convention will change everything for you!"
Stay Tuned for Next Week's Topic....PROFIT
- 2018-03-20 07:00:00 UTC