- 280: Building a Secure Operating System (Redox OS) with Rust
We talked with Jeremy Soller, the BDFL of Redox OS, a Unix-like Operating System written in Rust, aiming to bring the innovations of Rust to a modern microkernel and full set of applications. In this episode we talk about; OS design principals, Jeremy's goals for Redox, why is Rust, the Micro-kernel, the Filesystem, how Linux isn't secure enough, how he's funding this his development, and a coding style in Rust called Safe Rust.
- Command Line Heroes – A new podcast about the epic true tales of the developers, hackers, and open source rebels revolutionizing the tech landscape from the command line up. Presented by Red Hat.
- DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean has new, highly competitive droplet pricing! A flexible $15 plan where you can mix and match RAM and CPUs resources. Updates to CPU-optimized Droplets. Per-second billing (coming soon). New accounts get $100 is hosting credit to use in your first 60 days.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Jeremy Soller – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- 2018-01-19 20:00:00 UTC