- Episode 176: Living Longer
This episode's News & Views includes the latest stories and research about America's declining life expectancy data, how optimism may extend life, and the latest archaeological clues about the Paleolithic Diet. The Moment of Paleo segment offers ideas about how to think about longevity in the context of your own health goals. And the After the Bell segment offers more longevity food-for-thought from Neil deGrasse Tyson and Laura Carstensen.
Links for this episode:
- Support Latest in Paleo
- Christmas Gift Ideas: Gadgets for the Kitchen
- Recommended Food & Other Products
- Recommended Books & Audiobooks
- CDC - Data Briefs - Number 267 - December 2016
- What's Pushing Down U.S. Life Expectancy? - Scientific American
- Life Expectancy in the US Has Decreased (VIDEO)
- US life expectancy declines for first time in 20 years - BBC News
- U.S. Life Expectancy Declines : Shots - Health News : NPR
- Optimism and Cause-Specific Mortality: A Prospective Cohort Study
- How optimism may help you live longer - CBS News
- Optimistic women may live longer - Business Insider
- Optimism 'can help women live longer'
- The plant component of an Acheulian diet at Gesher Benot Ya‘aqov, Israel
- Ancient leftovers show the real Paleo diet was a veggie feast | New Scientist
- The REAL paleo diet revealed in over 9,000 plant remains | Daily Mail Online
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: Living and Longevity - YouTube
- Laura Carstensen: Older people are happier | TED Talk | TED.com
Visit PuraKai to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.
- 2016-12-14 22:15:00 UTC