- Cleo Wade: Heart Talk, Joy and the Power of Expression.
Artist, poet, activist and author, Cleo Wade, likes to say she has three parents, her mom, her dad and the city of New Orleans.
Wade’s new book, Heart Talk: Poetic Wisdom For a Better Life, is a moving collection of poems, provocative thoughts and moments that leave you questioning the status quo and opening your heart and mind to a different set of possibilities. Her artwork includes everything from short, hand-written posts shared with her giant following on Instagram to collaborations with major brands and large-scale public art installations, including a 25-foot love poem in the skyline of the New Orleans French Quarter titled “Respect.”
In today’s episode we explore how being raised as a mixed-race kid in the famed New Orleans French Quarter by two fiercely-creative parents influenced her, how hurricane Katrina changed everything, why she moved to New York, how she walked away from a career as a rising star in fashion to rediscover and cultivate a deeper, artistic voice as a writer and artist, sharing her work online and in public spaces and leveraging her influence for social justice. Be sure to listen to the end, where Cleo reads a moving poem from her new book.
Check out offerings & partners:
- Camp Good Life Project – Join us for 3 ½ days of connection, discovery, rejuvenation and reinvention and for a limited time, save $100. Learn more and grab your spot today!
- Havenly - Get 25%-off your design package when you visit havenly.com/goodlife.
- Ring: Get up to $150 off a Ring of Security Kit when you go to ring.com/GOODLIFE.
- ZipRecruiter: Post jobs for FREE, go to ZipRecruiter.com/good.
Photo Credit Liza Voloshin
- 2018-06-12 05:00:00 UTC