- #79 Personal Training Strategies w/ Stephane Cazeault
I was introduced to Stephane by another guest I had on the podcast, Ben Brown. Stephane is a master at exercise programming and an extremely educated man in the fitness industry. He just opened a gym around the corner from my office in Huntington Beach CA. I asked him to share his experiences in types of training/exercise, strength training concepts, and some myths of training.
Some of the topics we go through are:
- Why is strength important
- Goal setting for general population
- Machine lifting
- Exercise Programming and Load
- Reps/ Sets
- Will you lose your gains if you run after lifting
- Much more
Bench Press Video: https://youtu.be/-9jhfo5ClMY
Stéphane has spent the last 24 years perfecting his work. He has a strong formal academic foundation, earning a bachelor's degree in exercise science from the University of Montreal. Stéphane recently published his first book, 66 Strategies to Program Design. In his career Stéphane has personally trained professional athletes in football, baseball, and hockey. Here are some of the athletes he worked with from the NFL, MLB and NHL: Steven Jackson, James Butler and Mark Clayton (St. Louis Rams); David Freese, Chris Carpenter and Matt Holliday (St. Louis Cardinals); Dennis Wideman (Calgary Flames) and Mike Green (Washington Capitals). Stéphane's passion is program design. His program design is carefully structured with every possible component taken into consideration to ensure the trainee reaches and exceeds their goals, making his work a combination of both science and art.
- When you’re chronically stress, anything can stress your system… including your workout
- Cutting down on training may be a good thing for you when attempting to lose body fat
- With pro athletes, I rarely ever recommended snatches
- The problem is not the weight training exercise, it’s how you do the weight training exercise
- Programming is important but at the end of the day, if you’re a coach you need to coach.
Sebastian’s Youtube Channel
Attention Docs and Fitness Professionals: Access your client educational products, banners and posters here.
You can access the show notes at https://www.p2sportscare.com/79
Dr. Sebastian Gonzales is an expert in trouble shooting sports injuries and overuse conditions. This podcast is intended for sports medicine topics to become easier for patients and athletes to understand. Don’t get confused by what your doctor told you in your appointment. If you like in Orange County CA, book an exam with Dr. Gonzales, your Huntington Beach Chiropractor.
- 2018-03-21 11:00:00 UTC