- 147 Don Hagist, British Soldiers, American War
What about the British Redcoats?
When we discuss the military history of the American War for Independence, we tend to focus on specific battles or details about the men who served in George Washington’s Continental Army. Rarely do we take the opportunity to ask questions about the approximately 50,000 men who served in the British Army that opposed them.
Don N. Hagist, independent scholar and author of British Soldiers, American War: Voices of the American Revolution, leads us on exploration of the “other” men who fought in the American War for Independence, the soldiers in the British Army.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/147
- Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture
- The Octo
- Doing History: To the Revolution! Series
- Episode 130: Paul Revere’s Ride Through History
- Episode 141: A Declaration in Draft
- “The Adverts 250 Project”
- “George Washington’s Bodies,” Nursing Clio
- Episode 081: Don Glickstein, After Yorktown: The Final Struggle for American Independence
- Episode 085: Bonnie Huskins, American Loyalists in Canada
- Episode 122: Andrew O’Shaughnessy, The Men Who Lost America
- Episode 126: Rebecca Brannon, The Reintegration of American Loyalists
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
- 2017-08-15 05:00:00 UTC