- 169 Thomas Kidd, The Religious Life of Benjamin Franklin
We remember Benjamin Franklin as an accomplished printer, scientist, and statesman. Someone who came from humble beginnings and made his own way in the world. Rarely do we remember Franklin as a man of faith.
Benjamin Franklin spent more time grappling with questions of religion, faith, virtue, and morality in his writing than about any other topic.
Thomas S. Kidd, a Professor of History at Baylor University and author of Benjamin Franklin: The Religious Life of a Founding Father, leads us on a detailed exploration of the religious life of Benjamin Franklin.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/169
- Episode 001: James Green, The Library Company of Philadelphia
- Episode 022: Vivian Bruce Conger, Deborah Read Franklin & Sally Franklin Bache
- Episode 025: Jessica Parr, Inventing George Whitefield
- Episode 031: Michael Hattem, The Papers of Benjamin Franklin
- Episode 141: Drafting the Declaration of Independence
- Episode 149: George Goodwin, Benjamin Franklin in London
Helpful Show Links
- Ben Franklin's World Facebook Page
- Join the Ben Franklin's World Community
- Sign-up for the Franklin Gazette Newsletter
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App
*Books purchased through this link will help support the production of Ben Franklin's World.
- 2018-01-16 06:00:00 UTC