- LH 129: Understanding The Behavior of Your Backyard Chickens
How to Better Understand Your Backyard Chickens
If we understand the behaviors and mannerisms of any of our pets, we can have a better relationship with them.
And so it is with chickens! Everything they do (and say) has meaning.
In this week’s episode, I invite author Melissa Caughey to teach us a thing or two about chickens and their personalities.
You will learn:
- That chickens are smarter than we realize
- How they communicate without sounds
- The main factor that determines pecking order
- The role of the sentinel in your flock
- Why your hens all cackle at once
- The sound they make as greeting
- Why chickens might growl and why
- And other interesting facts about our feathered friends
As always, you can visit www.LivingHomegrown.com/129 for relate links and a full transcript of the episode.
- 2018-01-12 23:25:58 UTC